things moving rapidly

• 3 replies
  • 111 subscribers

Since the diagnosis in January of stage IV (into pelvic area) the hormone treatment started and settled in but the past month has seen a sudden escalation in excruciating pain.  Codine and and Paracetemol don't touch it.  Now at the stage that after pushing hard for some more effective pain relief, given 10mg oxypro m/r but its going nowhere and we dont have anyone else to turn to. What happens next?  how do we get across to them the level of pain and intensity? 

• Sorry to hear this spaniel. Mine is in my pelvic area too and I can vouch for the pain getting unbearable at times. I have had radiotherapy to the pelvic area on 3 occassions since my diagnosis 2 years ago. It is given as a one off dose of R. T. after planning appt. When the pain was too bad I got in touch with the cancer co-ordinator who in turn advised the Oncologist who arranged the R. T. I have found it does help with pain in that area for a decent length of time when prescription pain relief, Tramadol don't touch it.

Regards, Graham. 

• So sorry to read this. I would push for an investigation as to why there is a sudden increase in pain. An urgent scan sounds in order so the medics can identify the cause.

Ido4

• thanks BoroG, will push again for more ....