Welks/hives

• 7 replies
  • 111 subscribers
  1. Can someone please tell me if they have ever had skin problems with prostate cancer
  2. My husband skin is very red hot and rashes at times, also welks and hives under his arm pits
  3. His cancer us terminal
  • Hello Isabella - Welcome to the group - I am so sorry to hear of your husbands diagnosis.

About 6 months after starting HT my skin became very itchy, only a slight rash and nothing else. The issue was  it was everywhere  and was worse once I ha showered. It was hard not to scratch it.

I tried various creams/ lotions and the best for me are Childs Farm Baby Moisturiser and a prescription one called Aproderm. I use the latter as a soap substitute in the shower.

I hope the above may be of some help and you get to the bottom of his issues,

Kind Regards

Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• We are so sorry to hear about your husband, Isabella,  his skin sounds very uncomfortable.  My husband's skin has been all right so far.   Have any soothing lotions or creams been prescribed at all?  Maybe try bathing the affected areas with diluted pure, natural witch hazel, but not if the skin is broken.  Short fingernails and maybe cotton gloves on overnight to prevent scratching whilst asleep.  Hopefully someone else on this forum will have some better advice.  Please feel free to chat if you need to; we have found everyone very supportive.

• Hello Isabella. Yes itchy skin is an issue. I find it worse at night. Recently I developed a rash on my back and armpits. It was very hot and itchy. My G. P. prescribed a strong antihistamine and Dermacool 1% cream to help cool the skin. The rash has gone but itching persists so I keep on using Dermacool. I use Dermol shower cream and Cetraben on my skin ( which was prescribed after Radiotherapy) and get it on prescription. I use nothing with soap or perfume in to try to aleviate things. Hope your husband can get some relief, constant itching drives you mad.

Regards, Graham. 

• Thank you for your reply and also some good tips especially using nothing with soap we shall make a doctors app regards getting cream prescribed thanks again

Isabella 

• Thank you so much for your reply and we shall deffo try the farm Moisturiser until we can be seen by the doctor

Isabella 

• Isabella, it is worth getting stuff on prescription. I get Dermol, Cetraben and Dermacool on scrip as using it constantly is expensive. 

Regards, Graham. 

• Hi and thank you for your reply The gloves at night are a good idea and we shall try that 

Isabella