That's the journey over

• 8 replies
  • 112 subscribers

Unfortunately nearly 2 year after diagnosis all treatments not working , were absolutely devastated he's only 61 , maybe offered radium 223 but that's only for pain , this pc is not a good cancer as some say , wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy, good luck to those who are fighting this awful disease x

• Hi Tina

I am so sorry to read your post - I am aware that treatments don't work for everyone. It isn't important and you don't have to if you don't want to - but are you able to post some of your other half's diagnosis so that I can try and understand what has gone wrong. If you want to PM the details to me that's fine.

I appreciate it if you don't want to and again I am so sorry to read your post. I wish you all the best with your continued support for him.

Kind Regards

Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Dear Tina I am so sorry and sad to read your post. My thoughts are with you both at this difficult time. Sending hugs your way x

• So sorry Tina to read your post. Thinking of you both. 

• Stage 4 pc bone mets in large areas none in lymph nodes and organs, had prostap/degarelix/chemo docetaxel/ezelutimide psa now 300 , possibly radium 223 but won't know until 2 weeks time 

• I am so sorry to hear your sad news Tina. Thinking of you both xx

• Aw thanks Tina - I am trying to get my head round round this awful cancer.

I hope he's a suitable candidate for the Radium 223 treatment, that there is a suitable hospital close to where you live and most of all it's successful.

Keep the faith and don't stop believing!!

My best wishes to you both for the future.

Brian xx

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hello Tina, we are so very sorry to read your post.  We all hope for the best but prepare for the worst,  in the expectation that our own story will have a positive outcome.  We wish you both strength & fortitude for the times to come.  If it helps to talk, there are lots of very good listeners on this forum.  Big hugs!