Insurancewith.com

• 4 replies
  • 112 subscribers

I have been obtaining quotes for a cruise insurance and most companies just ask a few questions and then give you a very high quote. However, insurancewith.com online asked many more questions and came back with a much cheaper quotation.

Does anyone know if they are any good? And is there anything I should be aware of before using them etc?

Thanks for any help.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

A cruise sounds like a lovely idea but unfortunately, as you've found, it can be more difficult to obtain reasonably priced travel insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

I haven't used insurancewith.com but I know it's a company that gets recommended quite frequently in the travel insurance group. It might be an idea to join the group and either search the previous posts for mentions of insurancewith.com, and/or start a new post asking for others experiences with that company.

If this is something you'd like to do, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could pop something about about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

When I was looking for travel insurance I shopped around, but found the quotes to be very expensive - £1700.00 in one case ( I was going to Oz for a month). I found Insurancewith, and was amazed that, in comparison to other companies, the questions they asked were very detailed and comprehensive. They wanted to know full details of why I was taking the drugs I am on - and not just PC related - for example. As a result ( maybe) their quote was, by far, the most competitive. 

I can't comment on whether their claims process is as effective, as I didn't have to make a claim,  but felt the whole application process was very professional. 

Regards

Stuart

Trying to get fit again!
  • Just check how many cruise days you are covered for. We tend to do a few a year and our current insurer will no longer cover us. I looked at world first who gave a good price but they only cover you for 45 cruise days per year, so no good for us. All clear are very good but very expensive. Just make sure fir a cruise you take out the extra cruise insurance and that you are covered for helicopter evacuation and repatriation. Who are you cruising with we normally go with Cunard or p&o. Just had to cancel a September and Xmas one 

• Thanks for your help. I have added some info in my profile and have joined the travel insurance group.