Holiday in future

• 9 replies
  • 113 subscribers

Hi, do you think its wishful thinking considering a holiday to Turkey in April 2024. My husband(66) has PC with bone mets. On monthly Prostap jabs & Enzalutamide. Keeping really well at the moment. Bit of tiredness now & then. Diagnosed in December 2022, initial PSA 102, now down to 0.3(July 4th 2023)Testosterone 0.6

• Hi Susielou

Personal opinion yes, go for it. Knowing you have a holiday booked and a change of scenery and routine can only be good for the mind and body - you have something to look forward to and you always feel better when the weather's good!

As long as he's fit to travel, you arrange it around his injection dates and any medical appointments, you sort out any other medication and obtain travel insurance all should be good.

Mrs Millibob and I love Turkey so much we bought a place in Ovacik, a couple of miles from Oludeniz which is the beach on my Icon. Only less than 5 weeks and we will be back there!!  Sunglasses

I hope the above helps and you enjoy the holiday.

Kind Regards

Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• We have had to cancel a June holiday and a September one and it looks as if our cruise over Christmas is also off, so now looking forward to the one in march 24. I have been looking for travel insurance and 1 company who will insure us is all clear. Very very expensive but if we want to go away then so be it. Another one is holiday safe and world first and they are about 80 per cent cheaper but I have yet to go through the small print. good luck 

• Hi, I am much the same, 3 monthly jabs and Enzalutamide. Have several cruises booked but the insurance is the difficult part very expensive if you can find it. But you need something to look forward to so go for it.

• Yes, All clear are very expensive and I was shocked at the cost. I will take a look at the other two. Thanks for the info.

• Hi 

I had a look at brokersure.com and found some competitive prices for holidays with Prostate Cancer.

I trust this helps some of you guys with holiday insurance.

• We have looked at insurance with Insurancewith.com

S⁸

• Try Insurancewith.com

S⁸

• Hi Susielou 

Simular diagnose bone mets and psa 305 on monthly hormone injections and enzalutamide going on for 26 months now, psa 0.007 ,been abroad 3 times this year going to Rhodes in sept. If he's doing well with the treatment go for it ,living with PC you need something to look forward to and a holiday will do him the world of good.