Re HT treatment

• 9 replies
  • 112 subscribers

Hi , can anyone tell me what to expect now I’m having the tablets 10 days in now , many thanks John

• Hi John - Welcome to the HT club!!

We all react to the HT differently.

Hot Flushes, Itchy Skin, Mood Swings, Being able To Cry For England (don't watch the cricket!!) .Changes To Diabetic Readings, Loss of Bone Density, Weight Gain, Tiredness, Memory Issues, Erectile Dysfunction and you may even grow a pair of Man Boobs.

Apart from that life goes on!! You can read how I coped with the manopause by clicking on the icon of the beach and following my story.

Make sure your GP prescribes calcium/vitamin D tablets to keep on top of potential bone issues.

Good luck with your journey - I hope you don't get the full set!!  Keep us posted.

Kind Regards

Brian

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Not got any as yet but fingers crossed as only ten days in , cheers 

Cheers , Jonny mac

• Hi John - I have had most of the above BUT they are now all under control - Not many mood swings, Hot Flushes controlled by Sage Tablets, itchy Skin with Child's farm moisturiser, Man boobs (thanks NHS) not an issue, Weight gain and tiredness by taking long walks (we have two dogs). I cried my eyes out at fraction 20 at the end of Radiotherapy when I rang the bell and cried all the way through a friends funeral and as for the Erectile dysfunction - to be honest - it's not bothered me.

I look at it this way - it's a small price to pay for treatment "with the aim to be curative"

Best wishes

Brian..

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi

Early days and chances are you won't suffer will all. How long did they say you would be on HT?

Regards

Stuart

Trying to get fit again!
  • Many thanks 

Cheers , Jonny mac

• I’m on ht till the consultants and professor at Sheffield hallamshire can decide if I can have radio therapy, oh and that will depend on this bloody Crohn’s I’ve had man and boy , but I dealt with all that from 18 and 67 now , so I’ll definitely give the big C a good kick into touch 

Cheers , Jonny mac

•  

Are the tablets Bicalutamide and are you expecting to get hormone injections too? If so they should start in the next week or two and you will probably stop the tablets after a month.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Yes the injection starts nxt week , at least I dot have to sort tabs out along with my Crohn’s tabs 

Cheers , Jonny mac

• And yes to the tabs 

Cheers , Jonny mac