Last round of radiotherapy

• 15 replies
  • 119 subscribers

Hi all, just had my last radiotherapy session and got to ring the end of treatment Bell, no more bladder filling for me!!! I’ve got 1 more hormone injection this month then it’s just my normal blood tests every 3 months, I was diagnosed 2 years ago had surgery September 2021 and now here we are, what a journey, good luck everyone and all the best from Hull, England 

• Great news.  All the best for the future.Thumbsup

• Well done Pete - It's a great feeling when you have completed your radiotherapy - and when it's given "with a view to being curative" you do feel you have reached the end of the journey.

I wish you well and hope every thing is good for the future.

(on a personal note I rang the bell thinking great - all done and 5 seconds later was a 67 year old crying wreck in a chair in reception - I blamed my hormones!!)

Best wishes

Brian Thumbsup

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Congrats Pete, Bet you're glad it's all finished.

With a lot of us, you might feel like you are in limbo, you get used to going for the Radiotherapy every day, and you miss it.  Bet you will too.

Be prepared for an avalanche of congratulations.

Has the fatigue hit you yet?  I started feeling it after 2 weeks of treatment.  Even Tortoises were overtaking me by the end of it.

Some 18 months since my Radiation ended, I still feel fatigue.

Congrats again!!!

Steve (SteveCam)

• Definitely feel the fatigue, I was going to the gym regularly before my treatment and I’m hoping to return when I’ve recovered, hoping this will help, but at the moment I’m just resting and taking it easy x

• Great news Pete and best wishes for your recovery. With the help of friends I found a walk every day helped a lot. Just a few hundred metres to start with but building up to much longer walks later on.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Congratulations, Pete!  It’s a long journey but you got there! I hope it’s plain sailing from now on!

• Great news Pete. Hope all goes well for you.

Ido4

• Well done Pete, great news. Look after yourself and take it easy.

Peter 

• Congratulations well done what a journey this is I've just started myself and find stories like yours so inspiring, wish you well enjoy every day now it's behind you no more tears 

• Well done, messages like this give me hope for my husband. We are just about to start on this journey of Ht and radiotherapy at some point