about sick pension where to apply

• 3 replies
  • 113 subscribers

Hello, i m new here, my husband is PC with bone Mets , he was in sick note since 1 year and half, now they said they do not accept anymore sick notes at work, my question is if anyone knows what have he to do in order to get sick pension as he is not able to work anymore, he is 55 age stage 4 PC, from work they said they cant keep him anymore as employed so ehat is his rights at work and where he can apply for this sick pension, he is worried about this, please if anyone knows what is following after his sick note will end, at 1 jully is his last s8ck note

• Hi, sorry to hear this - you can use the Ask an Expert link to get some proper advice on this.   Ask an Expert   Not sure if its the work support advisor or financial advisor you should ask, possibly both.  Hope you get it sorted OK.

• Hi  I see that you have already asked the question to our Financial Team about accessing a pension early.

The adviser highlighted that for the State Pension is unfortunately not available till retirement age is meet.

If your husband has a work pension and private pension then this may become available at 55 so you would have to connect the work pension or private pension providers directly.

If accessing any pension is not an option you should in any case connect our Support Line teams are available 7 days a week, 8am-8pm on freephone 0808 808 00 00 and talk with our Financial Adviser Team as they can give you advise as to the benefit you should be getting.

Also do ask about your husbands legal circumstances with regards to being paid off by his employers.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi

He can apply for a P.I.P he needs to speak with the McMillan at the hospital to guide him through the questions etc, their very helpful.

Stay safe

Joe