Bicalutamide

• 6 replies
  • 111 subscribers

Hi 

my 48 year old husband has advanced stage 4 and has been having degralex injection no other treatments where an option his Psa has been on the rise the last few months and today stands at 10.5 I was wondering if anyone else has had Bicalutamide and any side effects thanks x

• Hi Mariasusan68

Mostly including me are given bicalutamide to start with, the side effects vary, in my case small hot flushes, and tiredness. Everyone is different though, so fatigue maybe mood swings these are other possible side effects.

Being stage four ( as I am ) just asking why at such a young age, other treatments were not offered ? 

Stay safe

Joe

• Hello Mariasusan68

Ihave been on Bicalutamide tablets since October 22. The main side effects I get are hot flushes, night sweats and I cry a lot over insignificant things.

I'm also having Decapeptyl injections every 3 months.

I have finished 20 sessions of radiotherapy last week with only minor side effects. 

Hope this helps

Peter

• Hi Joe thanks for your response sadly surgery chemo and radiotherapy where initially an option but after biopsy results and MDT meeting  they where  taken off the table and not an option also keith had a heart attack at 37 on that basis he was discharged from oncology consultant and referred back to urology consultant x

• Hi

I have a bit of a heart condition too, I was offered Arbiraterone but was then given enzalutamide because of this, was this offered to your husband ? 
    Stay safe

Joe

• It was bit after only three doses he had a bad reaction so it was stopped x