Updated Profile

• 6 replies
  • 113 subscribers

I have updated my profile for those that are interested. Macmillan Online Community

• Thanks Sussex20. It’s quite a journey you are on. Hope the radiotherapy and radium223 do a good job for you. 

Ido4

• Thank you. I had two radiotherapy beams to my pelvis and spine. After a week, I think I can feel the benefit. We'll  have to see what Radium 223 brings but if it's targeting the bones that can only be a good thing. 

• Hi Sussex20

Always wondered about Radium 223, I know of it, but not heard of anyone giving information while taking it. You will have to give us an update on side effects.

Stay safe

Joe

• Yes definitely interested… hope you get the best result Suss! Following as hubby in same boat with bone and distant lung mets although these are tiny and have resolved at last scan. 
    aged 72 no chemo or radiotherapy offered except for pain. 
    doing well on Arbiterone and Prostap. PSA below 0.1 18months in. 
    what is Radium 223 please??

kindest regards to you,

Louli xx

• Thank you.

Radium 223 is an injection which targets and destroys cancer in the bones. It can be taken over 6 cycles every 4 or 5 weeks. At this stage in your husband's treatment it might be too early, although studies have shown it can be more effective as a first line treatment before chemo.

It sounds to me that you should carry on as you're doing, as long as Arbiterone is working. If at some point in the future Arbiterone stops working then it might be worth considering before chemo although it very much depends where the cancer is growing.

I'll keep everyone posted.      

• Thank you! We had no idea this was an option and good to know if/when things change. 
    it gives me hope my friend!

much love to all from,

Louli