Brian's last sunbed day

• 55 replies
  • 115 subscribers

Good luck on your last day on the sunbed and remember to give that bell some Welly!

• Cheers Seamus - I am looking forward to it very much - it's you guys and girls who have made me realise the importance of ringing that bell!! and you know what - in a strange way I will miss my visits to the "sunbed".

Out in the wilderness then with only 6 monthly PSA tests - but hey you guys and girls can't get rid of me that easily, as you have been there for me I intend to stick around for others, and to be honest you lot ain' too bad!!

Best wishes and thanksThumbsupSob Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Brian, on your last sunbed, will they have a bell for you?  Or is it your own sunbed?

I can't sleep either!

Steve (SteveCam)

• Hi

I rang the bell twice on my last day - just because I could!!!!!

Enjoy the moment!

Regards

Stuart

Trying to get fit again!
  • I bet they clapped the first time, then turned around and looked when you done it again. Deja Vu!!"

Steve (SteveCam)

• Hi Steve

It went down really well! In pre covid days ( just) the waiting area was packed. Loud cheers and clapping followed both 'peels' !

I was a bit reluctant to ring the bell initially, but my partner ( ex nurse) said it gives others hope. Couldn't argue with that one!

Regards

Stuart

Trying to get fit again!
  • i know what you mean about being reluctant to ring the bell.

Steve (SteveCam)

• Our waiting area on a normal day has one or two people - it's only if they are running late does it get full. Where I am one of the two machines is down for routine replacement though!

Community Champion badge

• Hi Millibob

Yes it was the same in Poole - one machine or the other seemed to be messing around.

Put the Willie's up me, I can tell you, when one decided to stop half way though its routine. Thought my bits were going to be frazzled!

Regards

Stuart

Trying to get fit again!
  • Brian

what a day!  As you know, I am hopefully starting my 'sunbed' in the next few weeks and look forward to being at Day 20 like you are today. Go fella.

A

• Yes Stuart - I had an interesting evening last week when the "sunbed" table refused to lower it's self down. I could have jumped what 9 inches but elf and safety and I had to wait whilst it was sorted!

Regards - Brian.

Community Champion badge