Prostate can depression and heart failure

• 4 replies
  • 112 subscribers

Good evening all 

My dad ghastly been diagnosed and treated for prostate cancer the cancer did not shrink as expected but treatment was given .

My dad has also been given antidepressants due to the impact of thr diagnosis which have been upped recently. 

Unfortunately  my father has now been diagnosed with a heart condition which is still being accessed after a scan.

My father is retired but still works a few hours a week but I wanted to know if he is entitled to any assistance financially as I don't feel he will be working for much longer as his mind frame has not been good.

• contact ur nearest macmillan centre they will help you 

• Sorry, I can't help directly but if there is a Maggie's Centre at your hospital you should contact them for help. Otherwise try the nurses on here or on the Prostate Cancer UK website who should be able to direct you to someone who can help.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • There will be benefits advisors at Macmillan and Maggies Cancer Centres and other Cancer Care charities such as Tenovus - which helped me and helped me fill in the forms for the benefits I was entitled to - a great help.

• I found that counselling really worked for me.  A charity called 'Coping with Cancer'helped me a lot when I was struggling last year.

With everything else that's going on with me, I have just signed up for more counselling with them.

Try Maggie's if there's a local one near you.  I also attend a monthly Prostate Cancer Support Group there.  So good to be able to share your troubles and experiences.  Also to pick up tips for coping.

Steve (SteveCam)