Ejaculating blood.

• 4 replies
  • 111 subscribers

Hi,

Since starting treatment with Tamsulosin in September 2021 & Zoladex in November 2021 my ejaculations started to get weaker & eventually dried up. Following the biopsy in the October, I was told to expect some blood, and there was but that stopped within a week or two.

My radiotherapy finished at the end of April this year, subsequently my ejaculations remained completely dry - up about 4 weeks ago - the very few times I have ejaculated since has always been fresh blood (bright red not brownish). I have also noticed that in the first spurt of pee in the morning, it looks like there is older, brownish, blood.

I this normal 7 months after treatment. I would find it embarrassing to discuss this face-face with my doctor, if I was just going to be told that this is normal & nothing to worry about.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Paul

• I had blood in my urine after 20 sessions of RT and was told it was perfectly normal. It continued for a couple of weeks but didn't recur since. As it's 7 months since the end of your RT, I think you should discuss it with your GP. It might only be a UTI, but a simple urine test will determine that. 

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for 20 immediate replies telling me it was normal, but really expecting 1 or 2 like yours - I guess I need to discuss with the doctor, embarrassed or not. 

• Hi Paul

I urinated a little blood, for a couple of days, after my biopsy - but no more and I'm 3 years post diagnosis.

If you are reluctant to speak with your GP, or the hospital, try the nurses on here - they are really good!

Regards

Stuart

Trying to get fit again!
  • Thanks for that suggestion - I will give that a go.