Flushes, sweats and insomnia

• 2 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Diagnosed in Jan 2022 and upgraded to metastatic in June 2022 when spread to vertebrae and rib.

Been on Prostap/Zoladex quarterly since March and Enzalutamide 4 X 40mg daily since June, also Furosemide to counteract fluid retention

caused by this.

Suffering hot flushes at night and sweats during the day. Unable to sleep more than 3 or 4 hours per night.

A course of acupuncture suggested by my oncologist to help with flushes and sweats didn't work.

Have also been prescribed Medroxyprogesterone 5mg daily in case acupuncture didn't work but not started taking yet

as one of the side effects seems to be - fluid retention!

I haven't asked my doctor to help with insomnia yet but  thought I might try Nytol which you can buy over the counter

at pharmacies.

Has anyone any positive experiences with Medroxyprogesterone in combatting flushes please? Also, any thoughts on the Nytol?

I know all this stuff is helping to keep my cancer at bay and I am grateful for that but any additional feedback would be appreciated.

• Hi

Hot flushes, ask your doctor about Provera, these really help, as regards helping with the sleep, ask about Gabapentin been an insomniac for many years and this helps, might not do it for everyone but Google both.

Stay safe

Joe

• Many thanks Joe. I think Provera is Medroxyprogesterone so I'm on the right track there. I'll look at Gabapentin too. You stay safe too.