Recurrence

• 2 replies
  • 111 subscribers

PSA 22 Gleason 8 just completed radiation treatment and wii be on hormones for next two years. Very worried about recurrence finding it hard to think about the future

• Hi Joel and welcome

It's something we all think about, you really just have to put to the back of your mind......for your sanity.

It's unlikely to come back while you are on hormones anyway so think again in two years but hopefully, you'll be ok.

Psa is not too high, and Gleeson is medium aggressiveness hopefully the tumour is contained within gland, if contained then potential cure more likely

best wishes

Steve

• Hi  and welcome to the forum. 

I was Gleason 9, T3A N0 M0 with a PSA of 15 when I started hormone treatment in October 2018. I had three years of HT with 20 sessions of RT in Feb/Mar 2019. By the time I started RT my PSA had dropped to 0.4 and after the RT it dropped again to 0.1. A few months later it was undetectable and stayed that way until June this year when it had risen a bit to 0.2. So I am in remission at the moment.

I am now 75 and swim a mile twice a week, go coastal rowing as much as wind and tides allow and walk 30-50 miles a month.

Try not to worry and concentrate on keeping as fit as you can. You will probably be on three monthly PSA test at the moment but that will drop to six monthly tests after you finish your course of hormones.

Good luck with your treatment.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)