Zoladex injections

• 4 replies
  • 111 subscribers

Hi all,

I'm on zoladex injections every 12 weeks for life and have always had a numbing jab before the actual zoladex jab in my stomach area. My question is has anyone had the main jab without the numbing jab, and if so is it more painful? Maybe I'm just a wimp! Any thoughts please?

Thanks

BAS

• Hi bas my name is Steve I also have zoladex for life the doctor puts a numbing spray on first and it’s ok . I had it done by a nurse once and as she went to give me my injection I went woh where’s tHe spray and she said I never spray it . It didn’t actually hurt that much. But I now make sure I book it with the doctor ( with the spray ) Joy

• Hi BAS,

I've never had the numbing jab quite simply because I wasn't offered it. There is a brief bit of pain at the end of the jab and it only lasts a second or two. I usually distract myself by digging a finger nail into a finger enough to feel some pain, and it's over.

If it hurt more, I might go for the numbing jab.

Best wishes

Denis

• Thanks for that Steve. I think I'll stick with the numbing jab first, which officially makes me a wimp I guess!Joy

Best wishes,

Bas

• Hi Bas

Same as you I am on Zoladex for life but never been offered a numbing spray.  My mileage varies with the pain, sometimes its worse than others but I think given the choice I would go with the spray.  No way is that being a wimp.

Best of luck

Steve