Move from Docetaxel to Cabazitaxel chemo First Line Treatment?

• 1 reply
  • 109 subscribers

Brief description.

Hubby diagnosed Nov 2021.  Straight in at stage 4 Mets to spine, pelvis and lymph nodes.  Gleason 9, PSA 597.  No symptoms, only slight shoulder pain which we thought was golf related.

Started Firmagon hormone treatment immediately,  PSA dropped to 7.97 before docetaxel chemo started a few weeks later.  Half way through chemo,  3rd cycle, PSA down to 1.41.  End of chemo, 6th cycle, PSA up to 8.06.

Rest from chemo for 3 weeks.  Visited our team, who were going to continue with docetaxel and Firmagon injections.  3 of hubbys nails black and look as if they are going to come off.  Change of plan re chemo, changed to Cabazitaxel, less toxic apparently.  Continuing with Firmagon injections.   Next appointment with team in 3 months. Next official PSA test in 3 months.  (Have had one this morning with our local dr, awaiting results later this evening)

My question is if he is still mhspc has anybody else had upfront cabazitaxel, and also if he is now mhrpc have they continued with the firmagon until they have had 3 PSA tests to double check that the rise is not a blip.

Any knowledge on the above from anyone would be really appreciated.

We live in France...

Ginny

• Hi Ginny

I can't help with the experiences you're looking for but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the list where hopefully someone with the right experience will see it and pop on to share their experience.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"