Prostrate removal 11/5

• 6 replies
  • 113 subscribers

I had robotic surgery on 11/5 and cathatar taken out on 20/5

since coming home had a constant leak from

one of surgical sites and told its serous?

I was severely constipated for 4 days last week so took laxatives up to Thursday 19, unfortunately since then am suffering from diarrhoea 

is this normal? Am hardly eating but still drinking water

everything else is fine

• Please contact the hospital, GP or even call 111 as soon as you can and get to see someone about this.  If you were not given a number to call should you have any problems then you should be able to contact your surgeon's secretary at the hospital and ask them to get someone to advise you.  Make sure you stay hydrated with the "Diar horrors"  ;) and if necessary take rehydration drinks such as "Dioralyte" - these come either ready mixed in cartons or as sachets which you add to a glass of water,  from pharmacies - and sometimes places like Savers, Superdrug, Home Bargains, + B+M etc You would also probably be able to get them in Tesco and other supermarkets.  These will get your electrolytes back up after the "diar horrors". 

Hope everything goes well for you.

• Many thx my freind, we chatted previously pre op

Christie’s rang more or less said don’t worry about leakage!

• Hi
    I echo greefaller, but one thing he did not say is that constipation is quite common. I had it on and off for about a month after the op. 

• My leak has finally stopped, got bit of constipation still, but only 2 weeks since op feel fantastic done 11000 steps today

• Thats brilliant - be careful not to overdo things - you won't know until the following day when you are absolutely tuckered out or in a litle pain - pace yourself doing a little more every day.  All the best.

• Many thanks and I heed your advice, I do tend to push myself but won’t be silly and will listen to my body, hoping to be putting on the green at golf club next week