Advice/guidance

• 4 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Hi

My partner has just received blood test results. PSA 17.5 and his iron level is very low. He’s had more tests, MRI Monday and has already been told he will have an operation.. 

we are both very scared/ not sleeping but I Wondered if anyone has time they could explain to me what might happen, support needed, etc.

Thank you 

• Hi shimmer

Sorry to hear but  the PSA is not massively  high so hopefully there's not too much going on. The Mri  will tell u  if there is anything suspicious. 

It may not be cancer but if it is then chances are its a low key affair and therefore easily treatable/curable. Its always the waiting that is so 

difficult but hopefully you won't have to wait too long for results. 

There are many   people on here who were diagnosed with PC , some of them years ago and they are still here, so good news obviously.

hope things go ok over the next couple of weeks , let us know when u know more

best wishes

Steve

• Had my Diagnosis in Jan. PSA was 8.9.Lots of sleepless nights All staff involved have been great.My Gleeson score was 3+7 Which is lowish I believe.My prostate volume was 29cc

Had all the other tests .I had Brachytherapy implants Tuesday just gone.Today I feel ok .So just hoping they work their magic.Im 63 and getting great support from my other half.

As the other poster says it may not be Cancer .

Good luck with everything.

Russ

• Thank you .. I’m your tight, the waiting is so hard .. his dr seemed really concerned and that’s really scared me As iron levels very low and liver/ kidney tests are borderline. Thank you for answering so quickly x 

• Your so right ( sorry about typos)