Need advice!

• 3 replies
  • 110 subscribers

My husband had prostate cancer two years ago and had quite intensive radiotherapy.  He was on hormone injections for two years.  Last one was in February 2022.  He has had a pretty rough couple of years with different things.  He had an accident and hurt his fingers. One was pretty horrific.  He had stitches and two days later they had to remove them as he had a bad infection. He ended up in hospital for 4 days in December 2021 because of this.  They have just stopped the dressings now.  Now he has had biopsies taken from his arm as he has had a "mark" on it for 15 years or so but it recently started to bleed and scab.  They did this 12 days ago.  The results may take another two weeks.  He had to be given antibiotics as it was a bit hot and red.  He then seemed to have a UTI which caused him distress.  Dr asked for a urine sample and it came back negative.  He was starting to improve after he finished the antibiotics but last night he was up every two hours and is terrified that the prostate cancer is back.  He wants to wait for a few days to see what happens.  I want him to contact his Macmillan nurse or the Beatson tomorrow.  He is a terrible worrier but he has had a rotten time and I think that he needs reassurance/advice from professionals.  Am I being too pushy?!  Sorry I know that this is a long post, just worried.  Thanks