refused prescription

• 6 replies
  • 111 subscribers

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this weird situation???12 weeks injection of Zoladex dr earlier said they keep them in stock ;last 2 times tried 8 calls /5 emails etc to get the12 week injection told busy go online etc .Rang the hospital to ask for a prescription because the drs wouldn't supply one and i would do it myself and they must have rang the drs because they rang me with a surprise appointment on the day.

This happened again last week so same scenario official complaint got a surprise appointment tomoz do drs make money from stocking this zoladex so don't want to give a prescription because you would go to a different chemist???just wondered

• This is just shocking!  I never had any problems getting my HT injections.  I made an appointment for the next one when having the current one! 

• Shocking. I didn’t have issues with the prescription but had to battle to get an appointment on time. My surgery doesn’t book much ahead because “we don’t know which staff we will have then!” Glad I’m finished with PROSTAP for the moment. 

Ido4

• my surgery reception is confrontational and beligerent /incompetent They don't flag up regular jabs or seem to understand about the regular jabs .Threatened to knock me off their practice because i said they were incompetent no one bothers.

• I suppose these days these things have been made more difficult because of backlog from Covid and staff self isolating etc. so hard to get appointment times too far in advance.  Still I think they could try harder especially for the likes of people on HT there's a lack of thought and foresight sometimes that beggars belief.

• I know my bug bare, I can only book two weeks in advance so need to make a note to book, why they cannot flag repeats I don’t know

• Hi my husband has had very similar problems, which to be frank has stressed us out to the limit!

he has stage 4 prostate cancer and distant metastasis only newly diagnosed about 18 months ago. Getting this hormone injection once a month (different one to yours) has been a nightmare from the start…. We only began to realise that it was totally up to us to make it happen after a few months…. We order it and take it over to be injected… it’s even a problem booking in at GP surgery to arrange injection. 
    completely exhausting, he hasn’t spoken to an oncology medic for 15 months…. Just the odd pharmacist, even important drugs like enzalutamide don’t turn up on time…. Everything has to be chased! Much sympathy x