Diagnos

• 4 replies
  • 110 subscribers

I have  been   prostate cancer  last year  on Dec  2021 and I  started  my  bicalutamide  from  January  for 3 months  dose  it take  long like  that ? but on May I have to go  and see  the doctor  3 months  to be  on bicalutamide  is to long is ok the for that 

• You would need to give us more details of your diagnosis such as PSA, Gleason score and TNM score, results of any scans if you have had any for position of the tumour from an MRI scan - if you have had one and if you have had a bone scan or PET Scan and your age as this all has a bearing on treatment options.  The bicalutamide is a form of Hormone Therapy (HT) and works as an anti androgenWhich slows the growth of your cancer and may also shrink the existing tumour.  It can be prescribed on its own, before/after radiotherapy, after an operation for prostate removal (prostatectomy) or before you go onto other Hormone Therapy.  Treatment with Hormone Therapy of one form or another can copntinue for many years.

• I was on B from last September until this January when I had my op. It is a strong drug but it will keep you safe pre treatment. It is 7 wks since I stopped it and it is just leaving my body now.

Good luck with your treatment

• thanks  to be on b .can  drink  a wine  just for a day ?