Holiday insurance

• 18 replies
  • 114 subscribers

Hi does anyone know, or have any idea of a holiday insurance that covers stage 4 metetastic prostate can and blood Los in lungs and leg plus bad blood pressure problems. My husband is soo desperate for a holiday in minorca in June. (I don't have the heart to worry him about what state health wise he might be in by then) but his dream is to get out there and see all our friends. BUT I'm sick to death of spending hours on the phone unsuccessful, going through all the questions then they say no we won't cover him. Does anyone know of any holiday insurance companies that will. Thanku I would be so happy and relieved to be able to say u can go as you can get cover xxx 

• There is a travel insurance group on this forum. Best place for advice on this. 

Ido4

• Hi Mrs.

I got mine through co-compare.  Just put all the facts in and see what comes out.  I have got blood pressure, cholesterol, depression and I’ve had my prostate out.  Absolutely no comparison to what your husband is going through.  I got insured for just under £200.00.  It maybe worth a try.

I hope that you manage to get away.

Baz 

• Thanku so much for your help

• Thanku for your helpxxx

• Thanku so much for telling me there is holiday insurance advice on here x very great full,,,, but I carnt find it,, how do I get in to it, where abouts is it?? lol. So I can look. How do I get in toThinkingt if I do find itThinkingThinking

• - - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.

• Insurecancer, sounds promising, I just need to wait until closer to my trip

• Hi

I too have stage 4 PCa  which has spread to my bones and lymph nodes. I struggled to get travel insurance but managed to get European cover (not long haul) from "Insurance With", a subsidiary of SAGA. I think the annual premium was about £250. Unfortunately, Covid prevented me from travelling, so it was a fruitless and costly exercise!

I know it's exhausting, but I would suggest you give them a call. No insurance company is keen on providing cover when one is undertaking treatment. The travel insurance business has got a lot tougher since Covid and it seems to me that there are not many companies that are prepared to provide cover where risk is involved.

My sister, who recently had breast cancer and a brain tumour, managed to obtain limited cover from  both Aviva and Staysure.

The thought of a holiday in the sun sounds a wonderful!

Best of luck...

• I have stage 4 metastatic PC with spreads to spine and pelvis and have had a lot of treatments recently which insurance company's ask. I have just returned this evening from 5 nights in tenerife and the insurance was £55 for me and my family and my condition was not excluded. My cheapest quote last year was £560 with good to go which was for 7 nights before we abandoned the idea of a holiday due to my condition so I was made up with this latest quote with "inurance with" who was not offering policies last year apparently and have not long started again so try them

Regards

Paul

"Diagnosed March 2021 at 38 years old with stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer, my journey so far is on my profile"

• Thanku all for your kind support and help. Blush I tried that go compare they said that they checked 30 different companies, but we r very sorry no one will offer him cover ConfusedConfused