Type 2 Diabetes

• 2 replies
  • 111 subscribers

I was on Prostap for three years and Cyproterone for about two and a half. Both drugs can cause raised levels of HbA1c in the blood, which indicates Type 2 Diabetes. I was tested in August last year and my HbA1c level was 54, well into the range for Type 2. My weight was also up to 84kg at that time, mostly around the waist.

My last Prostap injection was in June 2021 and the various side effects have gradually worn off. In September I went on a low carb zero sugar diet and am now down to 79kg. I had a 6 month MOT early this week and have just got the blood results. My HbA1c is now down to 44, which is well below the Type 2 threshold of 48, so my diabetes is now in remission.

Artificial sweeteners are just about tolerable but I really miss my cakes and morning toast  with marmalade.

I just wanted to let you all know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

• Hi Seamus

I have type two diabetes, but it is within range, I do enjoy a few sweet things, end of the Xmas goodies hehe. I have the home kit prick your finger etc and mines up and down, I’m on the New Years diet which is going fairly well down three and a half kilos, I try to do it gradually so it does not come flying back.

Stay safe

Joe

• . Three years down ht. weight up 10kg. I guess I let it get so bad feeling sorry for myself.  Prior to treatment I lost 10kg back to where I started.