Monoclonal Antibody Infusion Therapy and Enzalutimide

• 17 replies
  • 112 subscribers

Hello, does anyone know if there are any interactions with having Monoclonal Antibody Infusion Therapy treatment for COVID-19 whilst on Enzalutimide ?. I tested positive for covid this week and done my PCR for vulnerable people test kit I received through the post and am being offered this iv infusion, but as I am on day 5 of covid I have to go for it today, the last day your eligible for it. I was reluctant at first as I was concerned about possible interactions with the enzulatimide but i am feeling worse day by day so I'm at the point we're I think I have to have it and just wondered if anybody has had it or knows about interactions. Thanks, Paul.

• Sorry to hear this Paul. Unfortunately I can’t answer your question. It sounds like a question for the medics. Hope you recover soon.

Ido4

• Sorry to hear this.  The best person to ask is the one offering the treatment, your GP or pharmacist.

• Thank you for the reply. It's ok I'm just finishing up in broad green now. I got in touch with my team at clatter bridge and after alot of researching and discussions they got back to me and told me to get the infusion as my covid symptoms are getting worse. Interestingly though I was told that I should of stopped taking my Enzalutimide as soon as I tested positive for covid, which I had never been told. I am due a phonecall by my local team from in St Helens next week

Regards

Paul

"Diagnosed March 2021 at 38 years old with stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer, my journey so far is on my profile"

• Hi Paul 82 I was diagnosed with covid on 7th January PCR test, I was supposed to go in to hospital due to breathing problems, however I was contacted by a Doctor who asked me to take a course of Molnupiravir anti viral tablets I agreed, but I had to stop taking Enzalutamide as the medicins clashed.

After 3 days I was feeling much better breathing back to normal, I have finished taking the 5 day course, no side effects.

I have an appointment on Monday for a PCR test, and an appointment with the consultant oncologist, if everything is ok I will be back on Enzalutamide on Tuesday.

Hope this info helps, all the best Ulls

• Thank you ulls, I'll see what they say tommorow. I had the IV infusion which only lasted 20 mins, 20 min flush then I was monitored for an hour. Hopefully feel better in next 24hrs as they say it attacks the covid in my system and strips my viral load 

Regards

Paul

"Diagnosed March 2021 at 38 years old with stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer, my journey so far is on my profile"

• Did he say how they clashed ?

Regards

Paul

• Hi Paul82, I have just read your profile, you and your family have gone through so much, especially at such a young age. I fully appreciate the bach problems, as my wife fractured her spine and has 4 rods fitted, as for me please read my profile.

Ulls

• Thanks ulls, I've just read your profile, you've been through the mill. I'm glad to hear you are doing well, I hope your wife is too. 

Regards

Paul

• Hi Paul we are much better now, had covid for the last 2weeks, going out tonight, same pub we caught it in, fingers crossed we won't get it again Blush

• Hi Paul I was not told how the meds clashed, still I am started the Enzalutamide on Wednesday, bloods taken will find out if they have risen over the last few weeks.

Hope you and your family are coping ok, thinking of you all.

All the best Ulls