Epididymitis!

• 4 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Is there anyone out there who's had to deal with this?

Hopefully I've got the right diagnosis? After being told on 2/3 occasions it would be just a urinary infection.

On my 4th antibiotic prescription and got one testicle the size of a grapefruit with a pain that travels from my groin into the testicle. It's excruciating with pain 9 out of 10 or 10 out of 10.

Using ibuprofen, cocodamol, tramadol, paracetamol and codeine at different times to vary my pain relief but am still struggling with at different points during the day.

Is this something that anyone has experienced? Do they have any hints or tips? 

My new antibiotics hopefully will help?

Many thanks Dan

• Hi Dan

I wish I could give you some information about this, I’m sure there has been a few on here with that problem, hopefully they will get in touch, apart from that fingers crossed that the pain killers help, but I would ask the doctor if you need antibiotics.

Stay safe

Joe

• Hi Joe,

I had my 2nd trip in a week to A&E and was diagnosed after my Dr there spoke to a consultant urologist. I was then prescribed a different type of antibiotic which should treat it?

Just wondered what anyone else's experience had been? 

Regards Dan

• I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but this was very similar to the pain that woke me up to the possibility of something more serious than back ache. In my case it had spread to bones and lymph nodes. I think it's best to escalate.  

• Hi Sussex20,

Yeah it's a nasty post RALP surgery infection which has come from a UTI  can be awkward to get rid of and wondered if anyone had had any dealings with this specific infection? They are hopefully my cancer isn't metastatic but I'll have to wait till I see the Dr about pathology results from my prostratectomy.

Best regards Dan