Evacal D3

• 2 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Hi all

I was given Calcium Carbonate chewable tablets to sit alongside Enzalutamide and I'm been fine on them. They're fruit flavoured and easy to chew. 

Curiously I was also given Evacal D3 by my Doctor. When you read the literature it says: "Do not take if you suffer from cancer that has affected the bones (bone metastes)". I have therefore avoided these.

I just wondered if anyone had anyone had an experience of Evacal D3?

Thanks

• Hi

Never taken Evacal d3 I take Adcal d3 to strengthen my bones, it was given by the urology dept they told my doctor who then supplied it, I’ve looked it up and there’s no interaction with any drugs I take and I’m on enzalutamide metformin and various other medication so ask about those.

stay safe

Joe

• I think the advice is concerning 'over the counter' use: the drug can raise blood calcium levels, which can be dangerous (and may already be higher than normal if the cancer is releasing calcium from the bones into the blood..

However, if taken under medical supervision, with the appropriate monitoring - including ECG - it may be a different story. If your doctor has prescribed it, rather than simply discontinue, I'd recommend going back to him - with the data sheet from the packet - and ask him.

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.