Numbness

• 5 replies
  • 110 subscribers

HI 

Before my Diagnosis in April, I have had numbness in my left Buttock around my left hip to my groin and down the back of my left leg to my Knee

I can not feel when I want to go to the loo from both ends the only reason I know I need to go is that I have a little pain and cramps similar to when you try and hold it for a time

I have tried pelvic exercises but I cant feel the muscles

I thought that this would Improve as treatment goes on but not yet 

Has anyone else had this problem, I would be interested to know, my Next appointment with the oncologist is not until end of November,

Any Pointers

Regards Chris

• Hi

Chris have you asked your doctor about this ? Not everything is cancer related, I have lots of other stuff going on with me and OK sometimes I think it’s the PC, but get it checked by the doctor as well, double coverage. Are you on any medication or new medication ? This can cause side effects.

Stay safe

Joe

• Hi Joe 

Thanks for your reply, I had this before I started any PC Treatment, at first It was Pain in my right hip this is what led to me going to hospital Then a week later the Pain changed and moved to my left side but it was numb not pain I was then diagnosed with Advanced PC, as I have spine Mets thought it was all related but I have had a dose of targeted rad the pain has eased but the numbness did not I think it is something I need to bring up at my next Oncology Meeting

But as Always Thanks for you sound advice

Chris

• Chris

I have the exact same symptoms. Hip pain moving from right to left plus evidence in the scans of spine mets but most concentrated around the pelvis. Enzalutamide after 2 weeks seems to have largely sorted my urination problems. I'll await the blood tests for PSA next week with interest. My residual bone pain is in the right buttock or pelvis so I'm certainly going to mention this next time since it is the only bone pain that hasn't gone away.   

• Hi Sussex20

Looks like we are both in the same boat, My Spine pain has almost gone but if I do too much it lets me know

Will be interesting to see what the Oncologist has to say as the Enzalutamide is doing its job according to the PSA results

Keep in touch my friend will be interested in how you get on and like wise I will keep updating this chat

Take care stay safe

Chris

• Thanks Chris. It may be the placebo effect but my spine pain has all but disappeared since starting on the calcium carbonate tablets.