My first MRI

• 3 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Hi all 

I am now coming to the end of a four months wait for my first MRI scan. I had a urgent Face to Face meeting with my consultant.

Talking about The MRI scan he asked ME did I want the scan if so he would set it up for an appointment ..as this scan is my first scan after my operation

and diagnosis I would thought this scan would have pre booked for four months after operation and not trying to make an scan appointment on the week it is due and ask me do I want it so now I have  to wait 

another few weeks / months for the scan to happen. and lay awake at nights thing how bad is the cancer is it growing or not.

Its been two years now that I have prostate problems and it took them 18 months to find out that I have cancer. things are now getting me down.

I will not tell you which hospital I am being treated at. But just to say good luck if it is the same as me.

• Hi Les. 

I assume that u had surgery 4 months ago to remove the prostate.

I didn't think that there was an MRI after, thought it was just PSA testing but could be wrong.

You would be looking for next to zero reading to indicate successful surgery. Could be worth asking GP for a test

Regards

Steve

• Hiya Steve 

I had a TURP operation 4 months ago where a biopsy found cancer Now waiting for MR$I scan when they can make up there minds if I can have one.  Believe you me It has been a horrendous two years and thing do not seem to be getting any better. as they d o not seem to know what to do

• Ok sorry Les, didn't realize the op was for Turp.

I understand u wanting a MRI to show more.

But if u haven't had PSa test yet u could ask your GP for one. At least if it was normal u could relax a little.

Steve