PSA Down

• 7 replies
  • 112 subscribers

Hello. I'm back

After a week with Enzalutamide, my  PSA went down from 4 to 1.4. Not happy at all but apparently the treatment is working.

Consultant still waiting for biopsy results, I don't know how important that could be at this stage. My only question all the time is how much spread it is and the answer is always vague.

But I'm feeling ok, not particularly in pain or anything. Back to the gym next week.

• Hi 

By chance are you on a hormone of some description?

stay safe

jor

• Hi,

"PSA went down from 4 to 1.4. Not happy at all"

Why not?

- - -

Heinous

If I can't beat this, I'm going for the draw.

Meanwhile, my priority is to live while I have the option.

• Surely a drop of 65% in your PSA level in a week should be something to be happy about.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Mine went down from 413 to 6 on Firmagon. Then up to 14 again. I’ve started on Enzalutamide so I’m expecting/hoping  for good things in my blood test in November.

A new Firmagon maintenance jab yesterday and Enzalutamide really floored me. I could hardly move but I feel back to normal again today with reasonable energy levels. 

• Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. I having injections every three months RnGH.

• Maybe I was hoping for a bigger dropout. I hate those appointments on the phone. But now, after days of thinking about it, I'm feeling different about the news. Definitely good news.

• Hi Tati.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit more positive about your PSA level. Mine was 15 when I started HT three years ago this month and wasn't tested again for several months. When I started RT in February 2019 it was down to 0.4 and when my 20 sessions of RT had finished it was down again to 0.1.  It has been undetectable in every PSA test since.

I hope your treatment has similar results.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)