New forum

• 51 replies
  • 108 subscribers

I like the new layout but the forum is completely broken in my usual browser. I normally use Opera on a Windows 8.1 laptop but nothing seems to work with that combination. Posting this with Chrome and I hope it works. I will try Firefox next.

• February already. Four months until next psa but I’m not thinking about it. Lol. NZ is beginning the Omicron scare now with about 100 plus cases of both Covid types combined. Not yet where I live down South but we shall see. Having the odd problem peeing sometimes, I.e. can’t pass any but really feel I have to. Quite uncomfortable. No infection and a bladder ultrasound was ok apart from some urine retention but Urologist said that’s normal for old men. Cheek! My Dr thinks the peeing problem may be caused by the rt which is three years ago now. Oh well, mustn't grumble. Wombles are struggling a bit. 

• Sorry to hear you are having a few troubles.  Glad the scans are mainly clear.  I had my PSA taken last December 16th and couldn't get the result - kept ringing the GP who couldn't get it on the computer then ringing the hospital but never any reply from urologist's secretary - eventually rang the switchboard about 2 weeks ago and receptionist said she would e mail the secretary.  Still nothing so last week had another test with the GP and it's all fine - still undetectable.  Then today get a letter from urologist's secretary with result and form to get another test next December - hope I will be able to remember where i have put the form by December 2022!  Old age doesn't come alone.

All the best.

Des

• Thanks to the forum web designers, a great improvement with the new font. Much more readable that the cursive font used previously.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Hi. Psa in three days! Plus a heap of routine blood tests. Hate it, but it must be done. Oh, Wombles did go down. Keep safe everyone. 

• Thanks. I’ve just changed it to this afternoon,, (Monday here) to get it over with. 

• I’ve got most of them back but had to pester the surgery. They have a portal I think it’s called and they put results there. But nothing today so I rang them and they sent me an email with what they had. Big relief, psa is .68! Best ever. The last three were .83, .99 and now .68. Maybe yearly now? Should give me a less stressful night. Thanks for your support. 

• Such good news!  Have a good day.

Des

• Down to .55 last one. Routine Dr visit so will hope for yearly tests now. Over 4 years since radiotherapy and 9 since bowel cancer surgery.