ct scan

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 109 subscribers

Hi 

My husband has completed 6 rounds of chemo. He had a bit of a rocky road ending up in hospital after round 2 with an infection. He also got 2 more chest infections after round 4 and 5. However after completing all chemo his psa was down to 0.67 after been 19 at the start. He has had a CT scan and we are at hospital this week for results. Silly question i know but does chemo usually shrink cancer ? Im so afraid its not worked. Few more sleepless nights for us. Take care all 

• hey 

19 isnt that high , there's people on here that have a psa in the thousands !!

what was his gleason score and has it escaped the prostate ?

because he's had chemo it leads me to believe it must have !! ?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anubis

No 19 not that high i know people have higher psa lwvels gleason was 9 yes cancer gone into nearby lymph 1.6cm in total im anxious about results 

• i'm gleason 9 (5+4) so i have a very aggressive cancer , did my chemo last yr 

for me it didnt work even though my psa dropped to 0.3 the cancer spread !!

so my radiotheraphy was cancelled and i was put on abiraterone so thats me till it stops working !!

keep positive and keep smiling 

• FormerMember

Yes we were told that my husbands cancer was aggresive. Im sorry about your situation....this is my worry even tno psa went down dosnt mean cancer has shrunk. We will find out tomorrow....stay positive and good luck. 

• That is the worry. My psa went from 13 to 1.7 post prostratectomy to undetectable after chemo. Gleason 7 although in ribs. 

I have another blood test in May although aches in ribs makes me think maybe bloods aren’t the whole story.  All the best for tomorrow, even if cancer hasn’t shrunk chemo might still have done some good in the long run.

our hope is always for the next level of treatment and future developments 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to YoungMan

Hi 

Sorry about your situation.Results not great today cancer in lymph regarding prostate shrunk down. However there are 2 nodules on Tonys lungs and a nodule on his kidney. Oncoligist concerned about this and called it a 'different beast' They be back in touch next week about a time for biopsies for both. Feel like weve been kicked in the stomach. More anxiety 

• FormerMember

Wow thars great news....may have to get some cannabis oil...no nodules on lungs and nodule on kidney....shrunk in pelvis lymph node. Hubby has to have 2 biopsies shortly....bit of kick in teeth