Wishing everyone a Happy Christmas & a peaceful New year

• 4 replies
  • 109 subscribers

Hello,Just wishing everyone a great Christmas, my poorly Husband who has terminal cancer of prostate bones and lung, but is doing well,& for his new year pressie he has to have steroids! his Zolodex implant. But two years on this is amazing.i am his primary carer, so get very tired at times,could do with time out,but it's not on the cards,as we love being together & not easy with two elderly dogs.Anyway best wishes Amanda 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello

Happy xmas and a peaceful new year to you. Sorry to hear about your husband. It certainly gets difficult for the wives when our husbands are ill. My hubby is currently undergoing 6 rounds of chemo. We are half way through. The chemo journey has been horrendous. After the first round he ended up in hospital for 5 days...the second round was bad and this 3rd round not much better. Its so hard seeing our loved ones suffer and at times it gets so overwhelming as im sure you feel too...

• Hi Amanda

You have the same name as my wife who likes to be called Mandy, who is my prime carer, I know how it affects you ladies, I see it in my wife daily, she is frightened to death if I sneeze worries constantly, I do everything I can to make her laugh, ( I am a very easy going person and like a laugh ) my antics can be annoying but some does make her smile.

You ladies keep us going especially at this time of year, we take all the meds thrown at us just to be with our loved ones, they make us poorly for a while but it keeps us on this planet.

Hope you get a holiday even a few days away from four walls.

Take care

Joe

• Hi Joe,Thank you for your reply.Your so sweet & such lovely words.We will make the most of Christmas. Where abouts are you in the UK? We are in Surrey. Have a peaceful time.best wishes,Amanda 

Amanda

• Hello Amanda

I am in Manchester not far from the Christie’s in Withington, I have plenty of time for people who are suffering like me, especially the wives and girl friends, mainly anyone connected to the person who has this terrible condition.

I love Christmas, I just hope you both forget about what’s happening and enjoy the day, I intend to.

Take care

merry Christmas

Joe