PSA rise after focal Cryotherapy

• 3 replies
  • 109 subscribers

Hi All - Had focal Cryotherapy in Jan 2017 after which my psa nadir was 0.57. Since then, although been a couple of drops it has gradually risen to 1.94. my next MRI is in 3 weeks time - I’m not unduly worried but wondered if anyone out there as had similar steady psa rises following similar treatment

Many Thanks

• Hi Stavros

I think that u may be hard pushed to find someone on here with experience of Cryo. As u know it is one of the rarer treatment plans.

Probably the next PSA result  is important, if it has continued climbing it may be time to have further treatment.

All other treatment options are still open to u if  Cancer is contained in prostate gland. 

What was your psa at time of starting treatment?

Regards

Steve

• Hi Grundo

thanks for your comments - my psa reached 9.9 before I had the Cryotherapy treatment - after treatment it dropped to 0.57 and the latest psa was 1.94 (2 years and 8 months later)

• Just asking about the psa because I remember reading that a lowish psa is better for using Cryo, obviously 9.9 would be classed as low.

Let's hope that the last psa rise was a blip and that the next one will show stability.

Regards

Steve