Symptoms

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 108 subscribers

Hi my husband has prostrate cancer, he is on hormone treatment before he starts radiotherapy in about three weeks. Has been taking hormones for about 5 weeks. The last week he is experiencing pain during urination which has been more frequent also this. Should he talk to his oncologist or just take painkillers. 

• The first step should be to contact your GP as it could just be a UTI. Take a urine sample and they can have it tested. If your GP doesn't come up with an answer then you should definitely contact your oncologist. Certainly don't just take painkillers to hide the problem.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, 

I had a similar experience over the weekend and after speaking to my Cancer Unit they advised getting an urgent appointment with my GP which I did on Monday.

She tested a sample and confirmed that it was almost certainly a UTI and prescribed antibiotics - been taking these 3 days now and the burning pain has gone and I'm not having to as often.

Ring your GP and ask for an urgent appointment (they should always try to fit cancer patients in) as its probably easily treated.

Hope all goes well....

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks we have appointment for Frida. We live in Spain so things are not always as easy as the UK. 

• You have an appointment for tomorrow!  I'd say that's easier than a lot of places in the UK!

Hope everything is OK and you get this sorted.

All the best

Des

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to freefaller

Thanks will post outcome