Has anyone traveled abroad when on abiraterone acetate. ( ZYTIGA )

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 107 subscribers

I have been on ZYTIGA For 2 months. My PSA has stopped rising. Only side affect is fatigue at the moment has anyone been on it for longer and have they had anymore side affects? Has anyone been able to get insurance to go abroad?

• Hi 

I can't answer your question about side effects while on Zytiga but I noticed that you were also asking about travel insurance.

Unfortunately, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have had a cancer diagnosis so could I suggest that you join the travel insurance groupClicking on the link I've created will take you there.

Once you have joined look for the thread called 'Recommended Travel Insurance' (it's usually on the first page) as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained reasonably priced travel insurance.

It is best to phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes. Make sure you have all the dates of your treatment to hand along with details of any medication and any future planned treatment.

I do hope that you can get insurance and have a great time abroad.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Bronsonw, Glad to hear your PSA has stopped rising, I was put on Zytiga 18 months ago and it,s worked really well for me personally, the side effects have remained the same from day one, I usually have an upset tummy for 2-3 days each month and yes the fatigue is an issue, or rather it was an issue, instead of taking them in the mornings I take mine at about 7pm each evening an the levels of fatigue has dropped slightly. With regards to travel insurance I suggest you shop around, sadly as soon as you mention cancer a lot of them panic. Tell me has your cancer been contained to the prostrate or has it spread.? Best Wishes Eddie.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have been on the Zytiga for a year now. I have been abroad during that time to Portugal, Tenerife & Spain. My Oncologist told me to put on Factor 50 cream when in the sun and wear wide brimmed hats. Needless to say I though I knew best and I used my normal Factor 15 for the first 2 days. My goodness, what an irritating itch I got. I moved straight onto the F50 like I was told and the itch eventually went away. Zytiga (Arbiraterone) makes your skin very sensitive.

John