Scans

• 5 replies
  • 109 subscribers

Has anyone with Grade 4 PC with spread to the bones ever had scans after chemo.

• Hi 

We have spoke before, yes I have had a few mri scans plus x-rays and other assorted tests, as I suffer from various ailments, I have to do my best to keep on top of them.

Just on a note, I take Alca D which strengthens the bones not a cure but it helps build them up. My last scan showed a little improvement in my bones, so any news is good news, been taking it for around 16 months now, no side effects from it.

Ask your doctor or oncologist or PC nurse.

joe

• Thanks Joe for your reply my husband has never been offered any further scans.We rely on PSA tests.Have you to get Alca D prescribed. Always find your information very reliable.Take Care Frances.

• Hi

Yes as far as I know, because of my bone condition the doctor, said this would help, I take one in the morning and one at tea time, google it, then ask the doctor.

Because I am a g9/10 stage 4 with lots of letters after it I was put on a stampede trial were I was monitored for two and a half years, now it’s every six months, I did push for a scan as I had not had one for some time about ten months ago, were they found I had two slipped discs, but relying on them to say we will do a scan does not work you have to push for it, it is early days for your husband but if your worried let them no that’s what their there for.

Take care

joe

• Hi Joe thanks again for the information. Take Care Frances

• Hi

Your very welcome, anything you need to ask please do others may have better answers.

joe