Pain Relief

• 15 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Any recommendations for pain.TIA.

• It really depends on the type of pain and how bad it is,

I take naproxen and cocodamol for arthritic pain. If it’s nerve pain I believe Gabapentin is required as traditional pain killers don’t work with that.

Is the doctor prescribing pain killers for him? It’s best done through one of his doctors as they will have overview of his current medication and history.

Best wishes,

Ido4

• Weaning off maxitram as they don’t agree with him not in a lot of pain so have spoken to the doctor and he has suggested ordinary pain killers to see how he copes.was just wondering what everyone else finds affective. Thankyou for replying. Take Care.

• Hi Ido4

Just on a note I had a scan on my back which revealed two slipped discs, waiting on a cortisone injection for two and a half months now but I take Pregabalin for pain, it works reasonably well along with co codormol and ibrofen, 

joe

• Thanks Joeven going to try ibrofen.

• Ibuprofen works the same way as naproxen, they are non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS).

I hope you get your back sorted soon Joe. 

Ido4

• Hi

Thanks, I used to take naproxen but when mixed with other treatments I was on, it gave me some bad side effects. The Pregabalin can be taken in different strengths,  I used to take Amytriptyline fairly strong pain killer, I took it at night to help me sleep. Because I had kidney stones at the time, it worked but, I used to go to the loo 3/4 times a night because I had a utric stent in and I was a little dizzy when going so had to stop as I kept banging my toe on the bed.

Hope to get my injection the end of the month as I keep phoning pushing for it.

thanks everyone

Joe

• Here’s hoping you pushing it brings it forward. I used to take a low dose amitryptaline at night to help me sleep because of arthritic pain. I stopped taking it because my head felt “woolly “ in the morning and it was a struggle wakening up!

Ido4

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ido4

Hi Ido4!  Does the pain killer Gabapentin make you feel constipated?   I am currently using Co dydramol and Dihydro codeine. 

I feel I have a lot of nerve damage and pain.  It hurts just to sit. 

Thanks

P

• I don’t take Gabapentin but cocodamol and dihydro codeine can cause it! 

Ido4

• Hi PBADS

If you read my post about Pregabalin it certainly helps with nerve pain.

joe