Always sweating

• 12 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Hi guys 

I'm having terrible bouts of sweating anyone else suffered from this 

Cheers 

Garry 

• Yes. I now take Evening Primrose Oil (1 x 1500mg) and Sage capsules (2 x 285mg) twice a day which combats the worst of it. Both are available on the internet from Holland and Barret.

It's not stopped completely but is much reduced. Your GP might be able to prescribe something if they don't work for you.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Garry, 

Almost everyone on some form of hormone therapy suffers from or has suffered from sweating to some extent.  Just like the ladies during the menopause.  I used to get hot flushes during the day and then around 5am I'd wake up sweating.  

I tried all the recommended treatments but nothing worked for me.  Once the HT stopped so did the flushes and sweats.  I stopped going on holiday abroad as the heat combined with the flushes was just too uncomfortable.  Your GP may be able to prescribe something.

Regards

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Seamus47

I found sage tincture very much more effective than dried sage. It might be worth a try.

• Hi Seamus 

Thanks for that I will try anything 

Garry 

• Hi sd

I'm not on ht 

Garry 

• Hi fifer 

I will try anything can you tell me where I can buy it please 

Garry 

• Garry

If u are not having any treatment then the sweating is probably down to the swollen lymph nodes that u mentioned in an earlier thread. U should push for that emergency MRI to locate the problem. Inflammation/infections will give u the sweating problem

Steve

• Are u going ahead with the surgery this Thursday Garry?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Grundo

Garry,

if you have an infection or other problem, taking those treatments above will not work as you are not on HT.  You need to see your GP because as Steve says, you might be fighting an infection.

Regards

• Steve the lymph nodes have gone down still not heard anything about MRI so I presume professor cook will examine me Thursday morning and yes I'm going to have the surgery 

Garry