Red marks have appearred approx 2 1/2 weeks after completing my 20 RT sessions

• 3 replies
  • 133 subscribers

Hi,

I noticed when I got out of the shower on Friday that I had 2 red slightly swollen marks. They are located at the top of my thigh next to my genitals. This is in the area around where my treatment was focused, Ive read that you can get areas of soreness like this but wanted to see if anybody else had experience of this? Its not a problem, theres a slight itch which I havent touched. I put a small amount of talc on it and it seems to have beoome less itchy now.

• Hello  

Thank you for posting. I am aware that this can happen and if you still have the issue on Monday, give your Radiotherapy Team a ring. They do have some cream they can prescribe (I can't for the life of me remember what it's called!!) .

As you say it's clearing up, so let's hope everything will be fine.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi  it doesn’t sound like too much of a problem to me considering the treatment, although I would check that the swelling doesn’t get any worse.

If talc is working, great, but I remember reading that talc can aggravate itching, so maybe an unscented lotion would be an option. David   

• Hi GaryW.

Good morning and welcome it's great to meet you today.

Yes I had my Radiotherapy last week just one shot and they did tell me that I might get redness around the area where the Radiotherapy was focused.

But to date I haven't experienced any the only thing that I have noticed is increased pain that seems to be subsiding thankfully.

I do hope that things settle down for you soon!!!!

Prostate Worrier.