Scans done

• 4 replies
  • 132 subscribers

I have had the CT and PET scan done

Now I have to wait until 8th October to speak to the consultant to see if it throws any light on the pain in my back and hips and why my PSA has doubled every 3 months since Feb

Part of me hopes they find something and part of me doesn't

If they find something then it's back to additional treatment of some kind and if it's not cancer related then what is causing it?

As we all know, the waiting is the hardest part.

• Hi Slartibartfast.

Good morning and welcome to our online prostate cancer family I am very sorry to meet you here but never mind my friend.

Yes I am currently waiting for a CT scan and Bone Scan myself. I have been on HT since last June 2023 after being told that my PSA was 1000+.

The HT managed to get my PSA down to single figures which was great. But unfortunately they have started to rise & I am also experiencing bone pain in my right pelvis,hip,leg & foot.

I had to have an x-ray on Tuesday and I will be seeing my consultant next week to go through the results to make sure that I haven't broken anything.

Yes the waiting is definitely the hardest & please come back to me if there's anything that I can help you with????

Prostate Worrier.

• Good Morning  

I just know where you are here:

Part of me hopes they find something and part of me doesn't

You want them to find something, that justifies the pain and the rise in your PSA - yet you don't want them to find anything as you have had enough treatment.

It's a hard call, but the good thing is you are in the system. I wish you well and hope you get the result you want!!

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi  &  , sorry to hear you are both seeing PSA rises. I am waiting for a PET as well after a few PSA increases but am fairly relaxed about it as I know I can’t do anything to change it.  I am frustrated as I want to book a big holiday in January but not sure when treatment will start again.  Best wishes to you both.  David

• Hi David2017.

Many thanks for your reply, sorry to hear that your PSA is also on the rise as well.

I'm sorry to hear that you are waiting for your treatment it can be very frustrating!!!!!

I have got my bone scan next Monday and I will see my consultant the next day to go through the results.

We will then look at radiotherapy hopefully as phase 2 in my treatment plan.

Prostate Worrier.