Prostat injection

• 8 replies
  • 135 subscribers

Hello Fintry Bay here, just when I thought really bad hot flushes were gone there back, I know I would rather have them than the alternative , I'm on xtandi and prostat injection 3 monthly,

I'm due injection this week and just wondering in nearing the end period of an injection the effects of it are less, hence hot flushes.

Appreciate any comments from forum member 

Thank you

• Hi Fintry,

Is this your 2nd injection coming up? There are no details on your profile so I am just guessing.

My husband hot flushes are not related to the injection timing. He just live with them permanently. 

His bamboo bedding ( pillow covers and duvet cover are helping somewhat)

Lots of love

Dafna

• Hi Fintry Bay.

Good afternoon and welcome to our online prostate family I'm very sorry that we have met under these circumstances though!!!!

Yes I have been on Hormone Therapy  (Apalutamide Tablets and Prostrap Injections for just over 12mnts now.

I have also suffered with Hot Flushes ever since. But I have managed to get my hands on a large fan/air cooler that I fill daily with water and put ice blocks in that can be controlled by remote control.

This makes a big difference for me as I can keep my Flushes to a minimum currently. With the help of plenty of cold liquids and food and also freezer packs to put on where the hot flushes are coming from.

I do hope that this is helpful and please come back to me if you require any further help/advice???

Prostate Worrier.

• Good afternoon  

Sage tablets worked for 30 months for me. They don’t work for everyone but cured my hot flushes for good.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• I am not on the same medication as you, but am 2.5 months into treatment with Zoladex.

It was only after the first 3 month injection that I began to notice them, and they have now began to settle into a range - between "my glasses have misted up" to "the back of my hands are sweating".

I am determined to make light of them, because I can't really see any other option. For example, if I am having a really hot one, I chase my other half round the house exclaiming "Give us a cuddle." If we can still laugh, it is not a problem.

On a much more serious note, the next time I am near a Holland & Barrett I am going to take Brian's ( ) advice and get some Sage. I don't know if it will work, but it is worth a shot.

We should probably start a challenge about coming up wth the funniest coping strategies.

• I’ve been talking the prostap injection for 5 months now and had some issues with hot flushes but been brushing them aside as I was diagnosed with grate 3 Lung cancer so been occupied with dealing with this and have a lung infection at the moment 

• The ones I use for my Manopause are “Menoforce” by Holland & Barrett. They are a tad expensive but they work for me.

In the early days I was using 2 towels a night - now I am good.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi  , that’s a good question but after 7 years on Zoladex/Goserelin I have never managed to find any correlation between hot flushes and 3 monthly jab cycles. . Some days I am not aware of any flushes, but others I get intense flushes that seem to completely make every inch of me tingle. I think alcohol is a trigger for me and also change of temperature from cold to hot (annoyingly never hot to cold when you want one!). 
    I don’t take anything for flushes and they aren’t really any problem for me, but as we keep saying ‘we are all different’. David

• Thanks to all the kind replies to my enquiry , I have taken note and wish you all well for the journey we face ahead