2nd psa result

• 20 replies
  • 139 subscribers

Hi all

Husband got the results day having started Enzalutamide 4 weeks ago to supplement the prostap injections amd his psa has gone.down again to 1.1 from 2.9 (89 the first time pre prostap)!!!

Great result.and we can see how much this stuff works.  

Praying hard that this decrease continues and then psa stays down for many years to come.

For people new to the forum I hope this gives you some hope for you and your loved ones.  When hubby was diagnosed in April, we were devastated and terrified at what was to come and it was all we could think about 24/7. 

There is hope and the urgency and anxiety does settle down after a few months and there are many days where stage 4 doesn't scream around your head all day!

X

• Good Evening  

Cracking result and a post full of positives - thank you for the update and I am so pleased for you both. Life goes on and there is so much to enjoy - keep enjoying life and keep the low PSA going.

Thanks for the update.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Fantastic news - and thank you for the update too as my husband has his appointment with the oncologist on 3/9 and I’m already building myself up into expecting the worst. 

A positive post like this is so appreciated and I’m genuinely so happy for you both. Xx

• Hi

It is such a life changing diagnosis but I read a very good post on here about looking at it from the point of view that it is a chronic illness and there are many people who live with these unfortunately but still live happy and full lives. That helped me change my mind set thankfully. 

We can't change the past and we don't know what the future holds, so we need to learn to live in the present and that doesn't include dragging a ball and chain of worry around with us Upside down

I hope you can gain some peace until 3/9 and that you can get a plan sorted.

X

• Great!

Don't really need any other words.

Slight smile

• Hi,

Brilliant post and results. Thank you for the update.

Lots of love

Dafna

• That is very encouraging- that combination does really give the cancer a whack! I’m also pleased to see that your anxiety is now well under control as you can see that his cancer does not like this combination therapy!  AW

• Hi  - so 10 years after brachytherapy boost, your 77 year old husband has a return of PCa in small areas. The good news is that PCa treatments have come on leaps and bounds during that time and there are lots of weapons in the armoury to deal with it to keep it under control.  Don’t forget that your husbands PCa reacts extremely well to treatment (10 years so far!) so I’m sure that the treatment that his consultants propose will have a similar effect.  AW

• Oh, and another thing.  If it’s just a rib, near the spine and the associated lymph nodes (which is how it travelled to them probably), then he could possibly have another round of radiotherapy to those areas as they are sufficiently distant from the pelvis (so they do not exceed the dose to that area of the body). If he has that, plus another round of hormone therapy, then that may provide another 10 years of remission!    AW

• Thank you - that’s a very positive thought to hold, really appreciated and thank you also for taking the time to respond. Overall, he’s very fit and well and looking at him you would have absolutely no idea anything was going on, that’s the PSA and the PET scan results were a bit of a shock.

He had his first Zoladex implant 4 weeks ago and has had absolutely no side side effects (yet) He was fortunate that the first time around too he escaped the sweats etc. 

• That’s good to hear.  He sounds like a warrior who takes it all in his stride.  Don’t forget that PSA took a year to double (in an area that hasn’t been treated with radiotherapy yet), and the hormone therapy only works whilst he’s on it.  So it’s slow growing.  I would certainly push for spot radiotherapy in this case (but, of course, his consultant will confirm if this is possible).  Let’s face it, they’ve done an excellent job so far!    AW