Diagnosis and treatment, my journey to beyond the end of radiotherapy.

• 5 replies
  • 129 subscribers

Very few words here, I have updated my profile which is a diary from my first GP contact to post radiotherapy, you can read my profile by clicking on the avatar to above this entry.

My aim in publishing this is hopefully to allay the fears of those facing hormone therapy (HT) and radiotherapy (RT) in so much as it can often be a relatively trouble and discomfort free journey.

Good luck to all facing this challenge in life, I hope that your treatment is no more problematic than mine. 

I will try to keep my profile updated as my future unfolds.

Rod

• I am at the beginning of the same journey.

So far my reactions to Hormone Therapy are, well, not nearly as bad as I expected.

Your information encourages me no end.

Thank you.

• Good Morning Rod ( 

Thank you for the update - this will be great to re-assure fellow Community members that as you say is 

a relatively trouble and discomfort free journey.

On a personal note you have completed your Radiotherapy and HT stops soon so all is good. Thank you for all your posts on the Community. keep us posted as to how you get on.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Good morning Brian ( )

Thank you for the support that you have given to me over the past months and more especially the support that you have given to so many others following a similar journey who have been in much more need of it than me.

My wife has been my rock during these past months and together, like you, we are 'escaping' into France for another four weeks holiday in our motor caravan.

Best wishes,

Rod

• Good Afternoon Rod ( 

I do my bit to support people on their journey - 32 months ago I was all new to this and the support I received from this Community was immense - I am just putting back what I have had out.

As for France, we love it. The 3 weeks we had were self catering, food from the local markets and shops. We have found that eating and drinking out were very expensive. We considered buying a property there as they were not that expensive but the cost of living was the issue - so expensive, and then a property in Turkey came up and the rest as they say is history.

Enjoy your next 4 weeks - i can't fault you.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Rod - glad to hear your RT went reasonably well and that, like me, you are optimistic about the future.  The RT is a huge milestone and seems to have worked its magic for both of us.  I`m hanging on results of my first PSA test post RT and fingers crossed it will be where I need it to be.   That`s a week before my Oncology review on September 9th.  Enjoy your next holiday and good luck for the future.  Like you, my wife has been a rock throughout - it`s a couples disease as they say!

I will update my bio in due course before heading off on a cruise to the Med & Canaries in October.  Happy Days - We`ve Got This!

Geoff S

We`ve Got This!