MRI Pelvis

• 2 replies
  • 132 subscribers

Hi,

hope you can advise I recently had an MRI scan and results came back and on the report findings if had the following, Unremarkable urinary bladder. No anorectal pathology. Normal marrow signal of the lumbar spine. Whilst I should have asked at the time but can anyone clarify what the No anorexia pathology means, am I right in thinking no tumour/legions or any thing serious to worry about in the colon/rectum/anus ?

many thanks

Si

• Welcome to the best club you join involuntarily.

There are a lot of good people who will give you better information than me, but I have been doing some looking up and this is my best "starter for ten".

"Anorectal Pathology refers to any abnormalities or diseases affecting the anus and rectum" - Bing Search.

Everything else I looked at gave me a long list of what they could be, from cancer to piles.

Given the way your note reads I suspect that you have none of them.

I would definitely be pleased with that.

Just as a matter of interest, there are people in this group who can give you a lot of useful information but they would need more information about your journey and your current position.

So that you don't have to keep re-typing stuff, you can put all that information in your profile. You will find it really valuable to put things like date of diagnosis, PSA level at diagnosis, staging of the cancer, biopsy results, Geason score, and so on.

There are people here (not me) who can really go to town on that sort of information.

• Hi Si, and a warm welcome from me, your results are excellent, your anal canal, rectum, anus and bladder are all clear of cancer as is the lumbar area, vertebrae LI to L5, Si did your MRI results make mention of your prostate?. my best wishes with your CT scan and biopsy, should they be needed, and as mstev2 please feel free to share any results you may get or any concerns and questions. take care.

Eddie