RT 11 in 9 to go

• 6 replies
  • 133 subscribers

Hi all, everything sofar seems to be going to plan and main side effect so far is fatigue especially at the weekend

but my Radiologist said that rest is important, listen to your body. Some days i'm bouncing and full of energy but

I atribute this to Hormones but I still use those days to exercise and do gardening etc.

My P flow has lessened since starting RT so my GP has prescribed Sinasteride along with my Tamsulosin

so I'll let you know if that works.

I hate hot flushes phew.

Best wishes to each and everyone of you, keep strong x

• Hell  

Well, all looks good apert from the flow and fatigue (we all get this) so you appear to have everything under control. The Radiologists are great and do look after you.

I had some savage hot flushes and was advised to try Sage Tablets - they cured them within a week or so of taking them and I am still l on them 2 years later - with no more hot flushes.

I hope your remaining 9 fractions go well - keep us posted.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi  , as Brian said most of us RT patients got one or both of those symptoms. My flow was severely reduced by the end of week 3 and Tamsulosin sorted it out very quickly. I must admit to giving in to fatigue after my RT finished but my friends from the rowing club formed a rota and got me out for a walk every day. It was only a few hundred yards at first but we were soon walking a few miles.

I now regularly walk at least 30 miles every week and am just back from a 7 mile walk as it stopped raining this afternoon!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Thank you Brian, I have been trying, don't laugh, Twinings Menopause cool moments tea which I think has taken the edge off so I will get some sage tablets to try.

• Hey   - It's not funny almost being a woman !!

I use Holland and Barrett's "Manoforce" sage tablets,(other retailers sell sage tablets") they are a tad on the expensive side but they work for me.

When I started with the hot sweats I was taking a towel to bed and filling it every night - now I am "flush free!! But they don't work for everyone!

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• I took Sage and Evening Primrose Oil capsules, both of which I bought from Holland & Barrett. I would usually stock up when they had a "Buy One Get One For a Penny" offer. I also had an homeopathic remedy of Sepia (Cuttlefish Ink) which I took about once every six to eight weeks as the effect of the other two would diminish. My GP was also a homeopathic doctor and prescribed them for me but you can buy them online.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.
    Seamus
    (See my profile for more)
  • Hello Budd,

Over half way there so not long to go to finish the remaining sessions.  I imagine by now you are well into the daily routine of treatments so they should fly by.

All the best,

Brian