Bladder Cancer after prostatectomy

• 16 replies
  • 124 subscribers

RARP 2 years ago (4+3 T2 , clear margins , psa still 0 . Reported a single episode of haematuria at FU visit . Scan , flexi cystoscopy and scan . 2 polyps , so TURT ( which was hellish . Post op visit today ( in France ) and it’s a pNon infiltrating Papillary Carcinoma of Low Grade ( French Classification) . 
Surgeon very reassuring - I’m for follow up cystoscopy in 4 months . The surgeon is the lad who did my prostate so I have some faith there . 
Is this common , and is there anything else I should know ? Thanks , Bill

• Hello Bill - A warm welcome to the online Prostate Community - I am so sorry to find you here.  I am aware that this isn't common - I do know there are a couple of Community members with this issue, I was just trying to find them with the search function but since the last site update this is proving impossible. I do hope they are still on the Community and read your post.

As well as your post here, you may well find advice in the Bladder cancer forum you can join this by clicking on the link I have provided.

From your post it sounds as if you are in good hands and I wish you well.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thanks Millibob . Been a member here for 3 years , and quite happy here . A second forum might be too much for me !

• Hi Bill.

If you type BCG into the search, under prostate cancer, then there are 4 threads. I have linked the latest one in for you and hopefully you can go from there.

RE: Diagnosis of both bladder and prostate cancer 

That's another whisky you owe me Brian.

• Thanks alwayshope. They’re just going to survey me for now with no specific treatment. One just assumes that when you get one cancer , you’ve had your fair share . But evidently not . Bill

• Thanks   let's wait until it's up to a bottle and I can get one duty - free.

You are a star - thanks again!!

Community Champion badge

• I think you are onto a good thing with the whiskey reward Wine glass

• Hey Brian - it's costing me a fortune this and she's going to hold me to it - after all our place in Turkey isn't to far away from Greece !!  I think she's after my job!!

Community Champion badge

• Your job is safe Brian - with your incomparable style no one can fill your boots. Too right I'm holding you to it. I have given you a little taster with my avatar which is the view from one of our favourite tavernas in the next village.

• I assume they sell whisky there (by the bottle by the time I get there!!) The view looks lovely.

My avatar is Oludeniz beach which is a couple of miles from us as we are in Ovacik at the top of the hill.

Community Champion badge

• Hi Bill, My husband is also greedy and just been diagnosed with bladder cancer ( we are awaiting grade but it is 1cm by 3mm) after his prostate treatment nearly three years ago. 

He was 3+4 TB2 no nodes no mets. Brachytherapy and about 20 external radiation beams to lymph nodes. Two incidents of microscopic blood in urine. Scan, Flexi Cystoscopy and CT ( awaiting results of CT).

Can I please ask why the TURT was 'hellish'. Husband booked for surgery later this month and any advice to me as his wife/ carer would be appreciated so I know what to expect. Thank you and best wishes in your treatment and care.