Does anyone have any experience of St George's Hospital, Tooting?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 7 subscribers

My husband has very recently been diagnosed with penile cancer and we are waiting to hear from St George's Hospital, Tooting. This has come as a huge shock as we've never heard of penile cancer before. I am aware it is rare and I see there aren't too many recent posts, so I'm not sure if I will get a response or not, but I am hoping......

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hiya,

I had a radio penectomy at St. Georges about a year ago.  

The medical treatment was excellent however the administration of the hospital is atrocious.

I was expected on the day and arrived at the allotted time. they didn't have a bed for me for 7 hours. The following day I was told my operation would be at 11.00 and it was at 17.00 !!! This meant I had nothing by mouth all day.

When I reported my bowel was inoperative they waited three days before giving me a laxative.  Subsequently they gave me 6 on the same day within three hours.  The result wasn't pretty and it meant I had to stay in hospital for an extra two days.

Medically the consultant is excellent, the nursing staff care (apart from Sundays when it is bank nurses).

If I had a choice I would go privately with the same consultant.

btw.... hospital transport is atrocious .... I was kept waiting 5 hours 40 minutes for it... it only happened when I said I would get an uber at £70 cost to me. then it arrived within 15 minutes.

good medical staff  but lousy admin....

• FormerMember

first line should say 'radical' not radio.... spell checker, sorry

• FormerMember

final thought, take your own toilet paper.... what they provide is awful and disintegrates if you have diarrhoea.

• St George’s is a joke I’ll post more another time