Pancreatic lesion

• 5 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hello, I had an endoscopic ultrasound last Thursday and three biopsies were taken from a lesion in the tail of my pancreas. I am now waiting on the results. Doc will call me with results, very soon I hope waiting is the worst. He gave me a referral for a follow up CT for four weeks and has written ‘progress Scan please. Inflammatory? PNET? AdenoC? Of course I have looked these up and the last two are worrisome.  I’m being realistic, preparing myself for the worst whilst hoping for the best. Has anyone else had these things written on a referral, what were your results?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I hope you don't have too much longer to wait for your results.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I had a pancreatic lesion which was later diagnosed as cancer. They didn’t do biopsy as it was too large and had spread. I had surgery to remove it alongside everywhere it had spread and am due to start chemo.

I hope all goes well for you 

• I’m waiting for endoscopy call, mine’s mid pancreas. 
    what was endoscopy like, dreading that. 

• Hi Jane, the endoscopy was totally fine, was completely asleep for the whole thing. It wasn’t an issue and nothing to dread. There’s no horrible prep like when they do the other end. 

• Am so sorry to hear that I hope the chemo isn’t dreadful and you can cope with it and it is successful for you.

I got results last night from the biopsies, no cancer cells present but doc cautioned against being too confident and am having another CT scan in three weeks to check status.