Just diagnosed

• 2 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hi I’ve just been diagnosed. Having a stent put in to alleviate the jaundice. This has gone on a long time and and is really getting me down with the constant tummy discomfort. Chemo probably in a week or two. This is my 2nd time around after breast cancer when I was 40  can’t believe I’ve got to go through it all again. Biggest worry is my 16yr old doing GCSEs. We’re waiting till the exams finish in a couple of week before we tell him. anyone got advice on telling their teen? 
thanks

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've had a long and difficult time and I fully appreciate your sentiments about having to go through it all again. I was diagnosed with melanoma nearly 8 years ago now and, just as I was getting to 5 years all clear, got diagnosed with breast cancer.

I haven't had to tell a teenager that I have cancer but Macmillan have this really helpful information on talking to children and teenagers which you might find useful to look through.

Sending supportive ((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you and I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Best of luck with your treatment moving forward.